Bolt provides warranty against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship under normal riding conditions to the original bike owner (as per indicated on the invoice). Warranty is valid for 10 years from the date of purchase accordingly. This warranty period does not cover any commercial use of any kind of the bike.
Bolt’s will replace any manufacturing defect for non-wearable bike components for FREE when appraoched by the user, when the reasonable conditions below are met.
Situations Eligible for Warranty:
- Bike was only used on paved roads & tracks – as intended by design
- At no point was there more than 1 user on the bike at a time
- Bike was not used for racing, jumps, hops, wheelies, or similar activities which may cause damage to the bicycle and risk injury or death to the rider
- Bolt’s warranty only covers bike frame
- Paint and sticker are not covered in this warranty.
- Warranty does not cover wear and tear items such as: bearings, bushings, tyres, tubes, rims, brake pads, brake and shifter cables, casings, hose, chains, gears, sprockets, cassette, handle grips, bar tapes, pedals and saddles and others which are subject to varying wear life depending on use, load, weather, road conditions etc.
Warranty Coverage Period
Bolt provides warranty for 10 years according to all of the conditions stated above. Warranty is valid from the date of purchase to 10 years later. This warranty period does not cover any commercial use of any kind of the bike.
Warranty is valid only for:
- A bike that is directly bought from Bolt (proven by official invoice/receipt).
- The original owner and is not transferable.
Your warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, abuse, stunt riding, commercial use, improper assembly or maintenance, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible, installation of power systems such as engines or electric motors, damage due to accident, weather or neglect, or modification of the bicycle.
A defect in material or workmanship is defined as; “A flaw, failure or cosmetic blemish caused by the manufacturing process or material that was not consistent with the original design”. This warranty does not mean “indestructible” as all materials can fail if pushed beyond design and manufacturing limits.
This warranty does not cover damage and/or defects that occur under the following conditions:
- If a bike has been used, ridden, handled, maintained or overloaded in a manner that does not abide by the product speciﬁcations, or its intended use.
- Commercial use of any kind.
- Normal wear and tear. Parts are subject to varying wear life depending on use, load, weather, road conditions, etc.
- Original paint finish is considered consumable and is not part of the warranty.
- Re-painting, anodizing or other cosmetic actions which may damage the frame.
- If a bike or part has been re-assembled, repaired or maintained by personnel not authorised by Bolt.
- If a bike has been subjected to accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or from anything other than normal and ordinary use of the bicycle, ﬁre, ﬂood, accidental breakage, improper actions by third parties, and/or any event outside Bolt’s control.
- Modification of the bike frame, fork, handlepost, or components.
- The bike must not have been subject to any modification, repair or replacements other than authorised by Bolt.
- If the frame number and/or service tag on the bike has been defaced, modiﬁed, manipulated or is otherwise not clearly identiﬁable.
Procedure for submitting warranty claim:
If a user has bought a Bolt bike, they will not be allowed approach Bolt directly for a warranty claim. Instead, they must visit our bike the following partner store where we conduct our bike repairs, servicing and maintenance and inspections.
#01-1291, Blk 108
Hougang ave 1
If the bike mechanic agrees that a manufacturing defect to the bike frame or a non-wearable bike part has resulted in damage to the bike, in the conditions stipulated above, only then can the customer:
1. WhatsApp our company with the following information:
a) Order number
b) Image of the defective parts
c) A signed written notice from our bike mechanic stating that there is a manufacturing defect for the mentioned parts
d) Picture of the complete bike
2. If the claim holds, Bolt will immediately contact the customer to arrange a replacement or part exchange
3. Any parts replaced under warranty will be returned to Bolt and shall be deemed as the property of Bolt.
The final decision of every warranty claim is taken under Bolt’s discretion.
Limitation of Warranty
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value – OR replacement of the whole bike – at the sole discretion of Bolt.
This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable.
Bolt will repair or replace any parts that manifest a defect in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period. Any part that is replaced pursuant to this warranty will be replaced by parts of the same or similar design. However, Bolt reserves the right to replace defective parts with other parts of different design or colour manufactured by or on behalf of provided that such replacement will not reduce the function of the original part.
Due to product evolution and obsolescence, some components may not be available for older models. In these cases, sourcing and payment for components are the responsibility of the owner.
Bolt may, at its discretion, repair or replace defective parts falling outside the warranty period, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability.
Any part of the bike frame or bike components replaced under the warranty terms will be covered for the remaining period of the warranty of the bike.
This is the only warranty made by Bolt and no employee, agent, or reseller of Bolt is authorised to make any other warranty on behalf of Bolt.
This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement, at Bolt’s discretion, of a defective part and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser and is not transferable.
This warranty only covers bicycles and bicycle components purchased through Bolt and is only valid within the country in which the bicycle was originally purchased. As not all models or parts are sold in all countries, service is not guaranteed outside of the original country of purchase. Claims made outside of the original country of purchase will be subject to additional fees and/or delays in obtaining service parts and information.
For internet (online) sales, the original country of purchase is defined as the country in which Bolt is located.
Should there be any modifications done on the bike that is not specified by Bolt, the Owner assumes complete responsibility for any risk or injury that may arise from riding or using a bicycle with any modifications or changes from the standard manufacturer’s offering excepting manufacturer mandated modification(s) (“Modified Bicycle”).
The Owner understands that a Modified Bicycle does not necessarily conform to relevant safety standards so using and/or riding is inherently dangerous and may cause serious injuries, including bodily injury and/or damage to personal property.
This limited warranty is in lieu of all other expressed or implied warranties, including any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or use otherwise applicable to this product. Bolt shall not be liable for any special incidental or consequential damage, including lost profits.
There are no warranties extended other than as provided herein. This limited warranty may be modified only by Bolt.
If any part of this warranty does not comply with local law, then it shall be deemed separable from the rest of this warranty, which remains enforceable and shall be interpreted as the closest meaning of that written above, in English, or the minimum required by such local law. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.
In no event shall Bolt be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
When a warranty case is accepted and processed, the removal, assembly and tuning requirements of any components or frames is borne by the owner.
For some countries, import duties may be charged by Customs authority which become the responsibility of the owner.
Any costs/inconvenience caused by the loss of use of the bicycle/components while the warranty process takes place is not covered by Bolt.
Bolt reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein at any time and without prior notice.
7 Day Trial
Within 7 days of purchase, if for whatever reason you are not completely satisfied with your Bolt Bike, let us know by sending us a message at email@example.com with the following:
You will then receive a unit number and can proceed to drop off your bike with the box at Beauty World.
Once the bike is returned, the refund will take 4-7 working days to process. The refund will then be made directly back to your original payment method (usually via debit/credit card)
To be eligible for a return:
- you must be a full-paying customer
- If the foldable bike was not purchased from Bolt, it is not eligible for a return or a refund
- To make a return, you must follow the steps outlined above
- The 7-day trial is limited to one per household
Refunds: Refund will be provided after we have received the bike back at one of our warehouses or associated charities (within 7 days) – if the return request was accepted. The refund will be sent back to the card or the account that you have used to purchase it.
- a $80 administration fee will be incurred for refunds that were shipped to the customer, regardless of the reason of return
- self-collections at Beauty World will not incur the $80 administration fee, and will be given full refunds instead
- Returns are at the full discretion of Bolt, and will be made if bike is not usable, otherwise a discount will be given
Bike Repair, Servicing & Maintenance
Bolt strives to make beautiful, trusty foldable bikes at bargain prices. To give you the benefit of bargain prices, we do our best to offer a no-frills experience.
Which is why Bolt is currently not offering repair services in Singapore. For bike repairs or maintenance, please visit our partner in the following location:
#01-1291, Blk 108
Hougang ave 1
And please note this bike maintenance service will charge a small fee for all repairs – but we don’t expect you to be needing their service often – if ever.